Thursday, November 19, 2009

Time Warner Cable is an evil, evil company!

Getting internet should never be this difficult. Prior to moving, we had buckeye cable and never had any issues. When we moved we were forced to have Time Warner being it is the only provider in the area. About 3 months ago, I got on the internet and tried to enroll for service... it has all been down hill since there.

I chose what speed I wanted, set up an installation date and enrolled in automatic bill pay because it waived the installation fee. When I went to submit my order, it said the site was down and to try again later. (This is where I should have been like gee, the internet company's website is down that kind of says something) Instead I called and spoke to a very friendly man at customer service and exlpained the situation.

He had no problem setting my account up, exactly as I had online. I was a bit worried that the speed would not be fast enough and he said that if we were unhappy with the speed we could call in and upgrade and the next speed up was only 24.95.

So after a week or two of super slow internet, we decided to upgrade and I called in. Well the first lady told me that there was no way I could upgrade for 24.95 and that it was 36.95. She was rude and treated me like a moron and would not even listen to what I was saying happened. She transferred me to another  lady who reacted the same way and treated me the same way. "You are wrong, you can't do that. He didn't say that." Finally that lady transferred me to a third lady who was actually interested and able to help me.

I recited what had happened for the third time and she was like lets look at your account. She informed me that the installation fee had never been waived and told me that she hated to admit it but apparently the guy who enrolled me lied and never even tried to waive it and there was no way for me to get the 24.95 price because that is for people who bundle the service with phone and cable.  Instead she gave me the next speed above the 24.95 for 29.95.  She also credited our account for the installation fee and told me that the first bill would show it but just to ignore it.

She started the new speed right away and then my internet stopped working. For days our internet was down.I called tech support and they were of no use and the hour or so on the phone was a waste. Finally my brother came over and fixed everything and it worked okay. It was about the same speed as the speed we had with buckeye for ten dollars more a month.

So two month go by, and I assume they are just taking the money out of my account like they were supposed to. Three days ago I get a message saying to call them and when I do I learn that my bill is late and they weren't taking it out of my account even though the only bill I had ever gotten was the first bill with the installation charge on it. I explain to the guy that it was supposed to be direct debit and he says it was never set up. I told him I hadn't been getting bills and he could not explain it. I told him I would get on in the next day or so and pay it. Then I laughed in his face when he asked how I was satisfied with my internet speed and tried to get me to upgrade. I couldn't help it. I also told him I would die before paying another cent more than I am already paying for their service.

Yesterday time warner called me three times to remind me to pay my bill. I wasn't at home so I did not get the chance to pay it. First thing this morning I get on line to pay it and apparently my account number does not exist. So I had to call customer service yet again and they were no help yet again and could not figure out why my account number did not exist but she did transfer me to the auto pay line and my bill is paid.

I hate Time Warner, even more I hate that they are the only option available!

No comments:

Post a Comment