Monday, March 15, 2010

Quitting smoking sucks. I have never been a heavy smoker, somewhere between a ½ pack and ¾ a pack a day. Just something to calm my nerves. Well that something costs about 20 bucks a week and I would rather spend that money on something a bit more enjoyable that cancer packed in a menthol flavored wrapping.

I am doing pretty good for the most part, I haven’t kicked the habit completely but have significantly lowered how many I smoke a day. I know the trick is to just quit cold turkey. People say cold turkey doesn’t work, but for me it is my best bet. Giving in and having that one cigarette makes it so much easier to have the next one… and the next one.

It probably did not help that my land lord was taking people through my house because she is in the process of selling. She had called me Thursday and was like “someone wants to look at the house.” I was in the car and had people coming over on Friday and Saturday so I suggested Sunday at one. Well, aren’t you ready now.

I am sorry but I don’t know a single person that would be ready at a minutes notice to have people come through their house. My house is typically at a happy medium, somewhere in the middle of the spectrum between spotless and pigsty. I’m not ashamed that I am not a perfect house wife, but that doesn’t mean I want strangers going through the mess while I am out.

I don’t really think my land lady is all there. About 9 months ago she asked us to take everything out of the garage so she could clean it out. No biggie, we moved most everything to the basement. Well the kids have a plastic picnic table and since we couldn’t put it in the garage I just left it by the back door. She decided to call me in the middle of a blizzard with 3-4 foot snow drifts to ask me to move the table. I didn’t move the table. It is okay she won’t remember asking me to move it anyways.

Hopefully, soon the landlord won’t even be an issue. We are house hunting. It isn’t as fun as an experience as I had hoped. But it has made me realize just how perfect a pair Monte and I make. He checks the foundation, roof and structural things. I look at things like closet space and storage, location of outlets, if our furniture will fit and leaky pipes or cracks in the walls and ceilings.

Monte and I have found a house we are pretty excited about. Our Realtor just got back into town last night and we want to see it pronto. We went and peeked in the windows and I loved it and Monte did too. I am pretty sure this might be the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment