Friday, March 26, 2010

Murphy's Law can go to HELL

Have you ever had one of those moments where you just want to sit and cry, perhaps throw a tantrum. That last little sliver of self-respect or quite possibly dignity prevents you from doing so but then you're mad that you are too mature to throw a fit. That is the kind of day/ week/ month I am having.

Today, Madi was 20 minutes late to school. Typically, Friday she rides to school with my friend’s siblings because Monte leaves for work before I have to take her and that way I don’t have to wake Mario up. Well, I kind of figured this morning they would forget considering the mom is really sick.

So, I was right and I was ready to go if they didn’t show up. I went out to my snow covered car with both kids in tow only to find all four doors frozen shut. With my lower back already out of place I had to fight to get my kids in the car and then scrape extremely stubborn snow and ice off my car. This took all of twenty minutes. Then I had to take and sign Madi in while wearing mismatching pajamas. I was feeling slightly embarrassed and a bit humble.

This was after a night where I had laid in bed till four unable to sleep because my back was in so much pain and being worried sick over the whole house struggle. Nothing has been easy in our attempts to buy a house. We had found a house, a nice old farm house on three acres and we jumped on it bidding, then accepting the seller’s counter offer. Which was a pretty nice counter offer.

I called my loan officer only to have him say “oh this isn’t good." Apparently, though my husbands credit is impeccable the credit score they have to use is zero. He hasn’t had a late payment on anything in his name in well over five years. The problem arises from the fact that all the bills and credit he has is only showing up on one of the three credit reports. The loan officer has to use the middle credit score of the three reports.  Being 755, 0 and 0 as the scores he has to use a zero.

That basically means that we may not be able to get a loan because apparently a score of 0 is worse than having poor credit. I know people that have had every car they have bought reposed and poor work history get a loan easier. Monte has worked the same job for 7 years and every bill in his name has been willing to write a letter saying he's an excellent client but it doesn’t seem to matter.

So besides finding a house that we have always dreamed of out in the secluded country and always paying our bills on time, we still might be screwed. This emotional load is only compounded by the fact that our land lord is selling the house we are renting and if and when she sells I have no idea where we will live and move to.

I want to settle. I want my kids to not have to change schools. I want to decorate and make a home that we will grow old in. I want to live life with out having to struggle for every little thing. I want Murphy’s Law to leave me the hell alone. I want to cry and throw a fit and maybe punch a hole in the wall. I want to sleep through the night and I want to be able to pick up my son with out my lower back almost bringing me to tears. I don’t think I am asking for too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment